I was disappointed that Huck fell asleep when he was about to shoot Pap and instead of shooting him he woke up when Pap was saying "Git up!" Whacha doing with the gun?"
I thought he should have shot him because Pap was a druken, mean person who beat his son Huck nearly every night.
I thought it was interesting that Huck made it look like he had actually been killed by robbers to escape Pap, but I'm also interested in how he could have hunted the boar and chopped the door down and got the canoe out and the supplies needed for the journey and in about four and a half hours. I found that intriguing that he could manage all that in so little time.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Things That Intriqued Me in Chapters 7 and 8
Posted by 4diversecity at 3:18 PM
Labels: huck finn, literature, mark twain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
well thought out
Steven, a wild pig is not necessarily a boar. It was not uncommon for pigs to just run loose around a persons home or nearby, so you had to go chase one down before and catch it before you could butcher it. So not quite the same thing as hunting a boar, BUT, you are right he did a lot in a short period of time. I wonder how many times he had been through something like this and how often he imagined various ways of escaping?
Mrs. Amber
Post a Comment